Cole Herbals Blog Articles
CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS FOR DIFFICULT SKIN CONDITIONS
It's important to understand what skin is and what it does before you can effectively heal it. To begin, let's define a few medical words that describe the many layers of skin.
The epidermis is the part of your skin you can see and touch. It is tissue-paper thin, and the body’s first layer of defense. The middle, dermis layer houses collagen that gives your skin strength, as well as elastin that provides flexibility. Nerves located here keep you safe by triggering pain when needed. The hypodermis consists primarily of connective tissue and fatty tissue. It insulates your body to protect you from the cold.
All three layers work together to do the following:
Causes Of Deteriorating Skin Conditions
1) Moisture depletion: Fluids keep the skin hydrated and able to perform the functions above.
• Not drinking enough water or other clean fluids can easily deplete your body of the moisture it needs.
Solution: Drink clean, purified water throughout the day.
Solution: Bathe often to hydrate your skin, and use a good, organic moisturizer to help the skin hold the moisture after you bathe.
Solution: Wear proper clothing to protect your skin from becoming sun- or windburned.
2) Chemical and toxin exposure: Chemicals break down skin function—both from the outside in and the inside out.
Solution: Eat only natural, whole foods that your ancestors ate 500 years ago.
Solution: Pay close attention to how you feel after meals. Check out books that explain what foods are most likely to cause autoimmune reactions.
Solution: Be very careful about the ingredients you use in and on your skin. Take the time to find the cleanest products with simple, natural ingredients.
3) Extreme or long-term stress: Stress hormones decrease collagen and fatty tissues in your skin and decrease hydration overall.
Solution: Spend your time with people who make you happy, and as little time as possible with people that cause you stress or upset.
Keep your skin moist inside and out.
Protect your skin from chemicals inside and out.
Stay away from stress factors that can ruin your skin inside and out.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *