THE FIVE EASIEST WAYS TO RUIN OUR SKIN
Most of us start our lives with fresh and clear baby skin. The main culprits below are what contribute to its ruination. June is a good time to cover this subject, as summer is often the time when this process begins.
1) Sun damage - As the chilly weather ends and summer begins, children often head to the beach or the pool with their parents, happy to finally enjoy life outdoors after being cooped up during those long winter months. With no thoughts of the future, they lay out or play in the sun from morning till night, not realizing the long-term effects this may have years in the future. Any dermatologist will tell you that most older patients who come in with serious skin conditions have a history of over-exposure to the sun, starting way back in their youth.
2) Lack of proper hydration - How many times have we been told to drink lots of pure water? There is good reason for that. When you don’t give your plants enough water, they wilt. So does our skin.
3) Exposure to toxins - Ever notice how you feel after eating too much junk food? Do you suffer from the effects of having to exist in environments with toxic air, surrounded by unnatural fabrics, building materials or chemicals? Manmade toxins have many ways to enter the human body, but only three ways for those toxins to get out. One way is through eruptions on the skin in the form of rashes and pimples.
4) Stress - Life is full of small and large stresses. These cause chemical responses in the body that can be extremely detrimental over time. Some stress can be healthy. Yet, constant upsets or problems not only ruin the inside of your body, they also can do major damage to your skin.
5) Inactivity - Bodies were meant to move, but it's too easy to be sedentary in today’s society. Indeed, experts say that, “Sitting is the new smoking." Healthy skin needs to have fresh blood circulating near its surface to keep it alive. When we're too sedentary, our skin looks dead and unhealthy. It needs stimulation through movement and exercise.
Most of us have experienced all of the above factors at some point in our lives. Of course, there are simple solutions to all of them. (More about that in next week's newsletter.) The Dr. Cole’s Herbal Remedies below were created as a first-aid solution toward healing our skin once the damage has been done.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *